Sunday, January 20, 2008

Senior citizens day

I went to the gym Saturday morning, minding my own business. What I though would be a typical Power Flex class turned into be something much more exciting. Mary Jane, our instructor (I call her M.J.) wasn't there. In her place was a senior citizen pumped up and ready to lead the class. He informs us he's the oldest instructor in the state of Utah. I beleive him! That was funny in an of itself. But it gets funnier. He plays songs like "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and the classic, "It's getting hot in here . . ." You can see how this is funny right? I look to both sides of me for someone to laugh with, but all I see is Robert Goulet. Yes, I know you don't know who he is, and neither do I to be honest, but for some reason I know his name and I know he is in the front right corner of the class lifting weights with the senior citezen brigade. I'm not laughing anymore though, that senior citezen meant business, and now I'm sore.

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I needed a laugh. Thankyou for that. My fav...the song choices. AWESOME

Unknown said...

The great surprises you get at the gym! You just never know do you?

JAM said...

Dang, that is funny. I really need to join a gym. If not for the exercise, then for some funny stories

holly said...

Was it really Robert Goulet? Or just a look alike? I know who he is because his name sounds like goulash, and that's funny.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

This whole posts really disturbs me.

jordan said...

"i've had the laughing and looking around to see if anyone else finds it funny" experience too. And of course, I was to only one. where were you?