Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Report

Here's my report from my self-promised list that wasn't very listy at all.  Make a new recipe once a week.  Done.  How about 5?  Before you are impressed (Don't worry, I know you aren't), 3 were desserts. 3! This could be a problem.  In my defense, 2 were for a large family dinner.

Penne with White Beans and Pancetta
This was fair

The Baked Brownie
from Baked
This was dense, fudgy and delicious

Chicken and Dumplings
DELISH

Lemon Lime Bars
from Baked
Mmmmm

Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
from Baked
WOWZA!
(*These sounds average, but were serious trouble)

My sisty, Annie gave me The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook for Christmas and it's full of good recipes, but best is the helpful tips and food product reviews.  Scott gave me Baked: New Fronteirs in Baking.  This could add 5-10 lbs.  Easy.

Listing and Reporting keeps me motivated.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I may have to look into your Baked cookbook...sounds delish! I am always looking for new recipes, so I'll be glad to read your reports. My favorite cooking blog these days is melskitchencafe.com. If you haven't checked it out already, do! Everything I have made, we have loved!

Jill said...

yum i'm hungry reading this. I need to try the chicken & dumplings.

Erin said...

I know you have told me about Pioneer Woman lots of times, but thanks for the link, because I finally checked it out. I made the chicken and dumplings last night. The kids didn't like dumplings, but I loved it.